Hot Stone Massage Newbury
Hot Stone Massage at our peaceful and relaxing salon in Newbury is the ultimate relaxation experience using hot volcanic basalt stones of varying sizes on parts of the body. The stones retain their heat and are used to provide a deep massage penetrating the heat ten times deeper into the muscle than conventional massage creating a sensation of warmth and comfort and relaxing and de-toxing tired muscles.
What could be nicer than the feeling of smooth hot stones massaging away the cold, stress, tension, tiredness, aches and pains?
Initially the the heat from the stones will be used to warm the oil which will then be applied over the body to start the massage. The stones themselves will then be used to provide a deep and comforting massage. They will also be placed on various parts of the body during the course of the massage including the Chakra points (the energy centres in our body). This will balance the Chakras to help restore harmony and vitality.
Cool crystals may also be used mainly on the back and legs to refresh the body after the heat.
The benefits of hot stone massage include: –
- Deep relaxation
- The heat from the stones is transferred 10 times deeper into the muscles than conventional massage
- Reduces stress
- As your circulation is boosted muscle tension is relieved
- Elimination of toxins and waste from the muscles
- Heat relieves pain in joints and muscles
- Tension in connective tissue is decreased
The benefits of cold/cool stone massage: –
- Refreshes and stimulates the mind
- Helps to relieve tissue congestion (such as the sinuses)
- Soothes irritation
- Cools down the body on a warm day or during hot flushes.
Alternating the hot and cool stones helps every cell in the body to receive more oxygen and nutrients and encourages more effective removal of toxins. The temperatures of the stones is checked before being placed on the body body so it can be ensured that the stones are at the right temperature. If they do feel too hot at any time, then the temperature can be reduced.